Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Frenzy 2010: Wedding Tree


So often I'm asked "what can I use for a guestbook other than the boring ol' book that I'll never look at again after I'm married?"

I came upon this adorable fall-inspired "guestbook" idea, created by lovliday on Etsy.com, a few months ago and knew immediately that I wanted to use it for our Fall Frenzy 2010 blog series.

Instead of having your guests just sign-in, give them a little more to play with. Like placing their thumb-print "leaf "on your Wedding Tree - forever leaving their place in the biggest day of your life.

"Having your guest leave their thumbprint and signature at your wedding day will leave you with a beautiful piece of artwork to display. Instead of storing a traditional book, which you may never look at, you can frame this finished piece and enjoy it for many years," explains lovliday.

This 18" x 24" printed poster (with your names and wedding date) costs $50 to create and $5 to ship if you live in the United States. Also included is a 4"x6" instructional card to display to guests as well as red and orange ink pads. To give it more color, you could always purchase yellow and/or green ink pads at your local craft store.


Be sure to check lovliday's Etsy shop for a Wedding Tree that is appropriate for your guest count - she gives a number of options including smaller/larger tree sizes and color moderations. There are even variations of the tress for you brides planning winter, spring and summer weddings.

I hope you can use this to bring a new and creative way of including your guests in being a part of your special day. After raking all the beautiful falling leaves in my yard today, I thought this idea was perfect to share first in our Fall Frenzy 2010 blog series. Enjoy!!

1 comment: